Accounting & Finance in Real Estate Industry Seminar
Canadian-Chinese Professional Accountants Association (CCPAA) is proposing to host a seminar on Accounting & Finance in Real Estate Industry on Saturday May 12, 2018 at the Fairview Mall Library.
One often-overlooked career area for accounting professionals in finance is real estate finance. Due to the recent changes to tax law and interest rate, mortgages and real estate have become very popular topics.
- Seminar Overview
This seminar is designed for accounting professionals currently work in property management organizations, real estate development firms, and community associations; new graduates and professionals pursue a career in real estate sector; and people interested in analyzing the financial feasibility of real estate investment opportunities.
For the first section, speaker will share how to conduct financial analysis on residential development project. You will be getting familiar with a basic tool of real estate analysis and be able to assess the financial feasibility of building a family home. You will know what the model is, which costs are included, and how to use the model.
The second section is focus on commercial real estate lending process. This information is especially useful for accounting professionals and job seekers who wants to broaden their knowledge on applicable financial analysis, compliance requirements, and loan condition monitoring.
The third section, speaker will brings a wealth of knowledge and perspective from underwriting income-producing properties. It is still recommendable for accounting professionals who wants to learn foundational knowledge of financial concepts in real estate industry.
- Seminar Structure
The seminar is composed by Three Sections:
- Section 1 – Residential Development Pro-Forma
- Section 2 – Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Section 3 – Financial Analysis for Income Producing Properties
- Ting Liu, who is Senior Financial Analyst at Empire Communities
- Tom Xiao, who is Team Leader, Compliance at RBC
- Audrey Chang, who is Director, Financial Analysis at CBRE
- Administration Team
- Leader: Linda Liu
Responsible for proposal writing, events organizing and coordination with participants
- Co-ordinators: Mavis, Saice, Mia, Jing, Yiping
- Date, time and agenda:
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Saturday, May 12, 2018, Fairview Mall Library Toronto, Canada
9:00 am – 9:15 am – Registration
9:15 am – 10:05 am – Ting Liu – Residential Development Pro-Forma
10:05 am – 11:00 am – Tom Xiao – Commercial Real Estate Lending
11:00 am – 11:15 am – Break
11:15 am – 12:15 pm – Audrey Chang – Financial Analysis for Income Producing Properties
12:15 pm – 1:00 pm – Q&A
Fairview Mall Library, 35 Fairview Drive, North York, ON M2J 4S4
- Seminar Enrollment Requirement:
- Coffee and water will be provided.
- Language: English
- CPD Credit: 3 hours
- Fees: CCPAA Member: $30/person
Non-CCPAA Member: $50/person
- Seat limitation and enrolment: 60 persons. Maximum space: 60 persons.
- Seminar registration link:
- When you register, please provide your contact email address which will be used to provide the training materials for the workshop in advance.
Visit www.ccpaa.ca to get more information