Canadian-Chinese Professional Accountants Association (CCPAA) is hosting a healthcare workshop on Sunday, October 8, 2017 at the Edithvale Community Centre.
This information session is designed for all professions who have been working at a desk job 8+ hours a day and those who are concerned about their body health.
The workshop is composed of 3 Sections:
- Section 1 – Jes Huo, Rehabilitation/Chiropractic
- Section 2 – Brian Yeung, Naturopathic Medicine
- Section 3 – David Liu, Pharmacy
- DC, RMT, BSc (Hons)
- Chiropractor/Registered Massage Therapist/Acupuncture Provider
- Dr. Jes Huo has an extensive scope of practice as she is a chiropractor, a massage therapist and an acupuncture provider. Dr. Jes received her degree in chiropractic in Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College and massage therapy in Royal Canadian College of Massage Therapy, after completing her Honors degree in Bachelor of Science at the University of Toronto.
- Dr. Jes loves to treat all forms of pain and dysfunction. By incorporating different techniques such as manipulation, mobilization, soft tissue therapy and acupuncture, Jes is able to treat conditions such as frozen shoulder, tendonitis, repetitive strain injuries, sciatica, disc herniation, strain/sprains, postural occupational related pain syndromes, tennis elbow, osteoarthritis etc.
- ND, BSc (Hons)
- After graduating from McMaster University with a B.Sc (Hons) and a minor in Biochemistry, Brian Yeung completed four years of graduate study at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) to become a Naturopathic Doctor (ND) fully licensed to practice in Ontario. He is a member of both the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND) and Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND).
- His passion is to provide excellent patient care through his strong interest in research and the practice of evidenced-based medicine. He believes the best patient care is achieved through the integration of multiple professional healthcare specialties. He has practiced with other medical doctors (MD), chiropractors (DC), and physiotherapists in community-based integrated health clinics and has worked for the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. He has additional experience working with children with special needs, managing programs for the Etobicoke’s Adapted & Integrated Services.
- Brian continues to keep up to date with emerging research in the field of both naturopathic and conventional medicine. He has given lectures on various health topics including cardiovascular health, gastrointestinal health, and integrated geriatric health. He always seeks to balance both naturopathic and conventional healthcare models to optimize patient care, and encourage a culture of responsible and preventative healthcare.
- David is a community pharmacist at York Medical Pharmacy, where he works alongside family physicians and other specialists. He graduated from University of Toronto in 2016 and has been working to promote patient health and education ever since. During his pharmacy training, he did a 3-month internship at Toronto Rehab Institute and has a special interest in Musculoskeletal disorders and pain management. He believes that a multidisciplinary approach combining medications and physical therapy can greatly optimize pain control and improve patient outcomes.
- Leader: Saice / Icy (Responsible for proposal writing, events organizing and coordination with participants)
- Co-ordinators: Mia Ma, Justin Liu, Yiping Zhao, Jing Peng, Kayla Zhi, …
Date, time and agenda:
1:30 PM – 5:00 PM, Sunday, October 08 2017, Toronto Ontario
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm – Registration
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm – Jes Huo
3:00 pm – 3:10 pm – Break
3:10 pm – 4:10 pm – Brian Yeung
4:10 pm – 4:25 pm – Break
4:25 pm – 4:50 pm – David Liu
Edithvale Community Centre
131 Finch Ave W, North York, ON M2N 2H8
Seminar Enrollment Requirement:
- Language: English & Mandarin
- CPD Credit: N/A
- Fees: CCPAA Member: $5/person
Non-CCPAA Member: $10/person
- Seat limitation and enrolment: 40-50 persons.
- Maximum space: 60 persons.
When you register, please provide your contact email address which will be used to send confirmation email of the workshop in advance.