5G Technology and Its Impact On Business In The Digital Economy
Ready or not, the imminent arrival of 5G will have a tremendous impact on our world and all the businesses we know today. The key insights of this conference include how 5G will shape our future and how the accounting industry can leverage this innovation to prosper.
As the biggest event of every year, the CCPAA-ON Annual Conference is a must-attend learning and networking opportunity. This year, join us from anywhere in the world and engage in the discussion with our speakers, members, and friends from the communities.
12:30 – 12:55 Registration
- Breakout Room Speed Networking
12:55 – 13:30 Conference Introduction
- Opening Remarks from CCPAA-ON
- Remarks from CPA Ontario
- Sponsor Appreciation
13:30 – 14:20 5G Introduction (overview)
- 5G technology introduction
- 5G application and impact on business
- Key challenges on 5G development
- Speakers: Shawn Zhang, Edison Peng
14:30 – 15:00 The potential impact on accounting professionals – new technology driving changes in audit services:
- 5G networks act as fertilizer for new technologies (blockchain and big data analytics) and expedite the adoption of new accounting tools.
- Speaker: George Connolly
15:00 – 15:30 5G impact on ERP Cloud
- What is ERP and how will transition to the cloud
- Importance of 5G and e-accessing ERP on cloud
- How will 5G impact accounting, data analysis, and review process
- Related costs and benefits of 5G for an organization
- What can we expect in the next five years
- Speaker: Sandeep Dixit
15:30 – 16:00 The potential impact on accounting professionals – new technology driving changes in tax services:
- Improve the efficiency of data collection
- Impact on income tax and sales tax cases
- Speaker: Joanna Mo
16:00 – 16:10 Break / Breakout Room Networking
16:10 – 17:00 Panel Discussion (A review of today’s topics) – Moderator: Ryan Patrick Lee
Date: October 17th, 2020
Time: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
CPD: 4 Hours**
Early Bird (before & on October 7th):
- Member $35
- Non-member $50
Regular Price (after October 7th):
- Member: $45
- Non-member: $60
*Once registered, you will receive an email confirmation with webinar details.
**Active participation is mandatory for receiving the CPD certificate, including poll questions and/or end-of-course survey. Please use the same name when registering and when joining the meeting.